Performed only by our highest trained and certified watchmakers, a complete overhaul is the most in-depth service available and includes the inspection of every facet of your watch’s movement, case, and bracelet. When this service is performed, our experts will:
- Completely disassemble the watch case, bracelet, and movement
- Ultrasonically clean the case and bracelet
- Take apart the movement and inspect every component for wear
- Replace all worn or rusty parts within the movement with genuine parts from our extensive supply of authorized parts
- Ultrasonically clean, and then reassemble the movement itself using recommended lubricants
- Electronically calibrate the movement and place it back into the case.
- Put the bracelet back together and reattach it to the case
- Pressure test the watch in both wet and dry conditions to ensure resistance to water and moisture in accordance with its original factory specifications
- Toroughly test all functions including the basic movement and additional mechanisms such as the chronograph, day/date function, etc
- Time test and adjustment to the movement of the watch to ensure accuracy
A periodic overhaul is the best way to maintain your timepiece and guarantee its performance for generations to come. Most Swiss watch manufacturers recommend a complete overhaul every five years to keep your watch operating to factory specifications.
Watch this video to see what is involved in a Complete Watch Overhaul:
Govberg Watch Repair offers Free Estimates and Free return shipping on all watch repairs. Plus, all repair work comes with a 1 year Govberg Warranty. We perform quality overhauls on over 200 top luxury watch brands.
Complete the form on the right to begin the process of receiving your FREE Complete Watch Overhaul Estimate!