Last updated: August 9, 2010
Govberg Jewelers is committed to your privacy and the security of the information you provide to us during your visit to our site. We encourage you to review our policies below which are designed to ensure your privacy and comfort while visiting our Web site and to keep yourself informed of any changes.
Govberg Watch Repair uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information, including “firewalls” and Secure Socket Layers. Govberg Watch Repair treats data as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. We employ many different security techniques to protect such data from unauthorized access by users inside and outside the company. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet.
Information We Collect
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at Govberg Watch Repair. Our primary goal is to provide you with a smooth, efficient and customized experience.
Our Use of Your Information
We use your information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Site, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems and enforce our Terms & Conditions.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
- Information You Share on Govberg Watch Repair
- Spam, Spyware, and Spoofing
- Account Protection
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are no longer anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, physical contact information, and financial information, such as credit card numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the site;
- Shipping, billing and other information you provide to authorize the watch repair; process, or the return of an unrepaired watch should you decline service;
- Correspondence through our site, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our site, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the site, ad data, IP address and standard web log information.
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with our parent company Govberg Jewelers.
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference by following the directions provided with the communication or advertisement.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- Provide the services and customer support your request;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms & Conditions;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to credit card disputes, or protect your safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your personal information with:
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, billing, affiliate and rewards programs).
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address, fraud complaints, and repair history.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
If you access our site from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café or a like establishment, certain information about you, such as your Login Information, Billing and Shipping Addresses and Watch Repair History may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you if you do not properly logout.
We use “cookies” (small files placed on your hard drive) on some of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies:
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of our site or services.
We do not tolerate spam. To report spam or spoof emails, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our Terms & Conditions.
Your password/repair job number is the key to your account. If you do share your password or personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password/repair job number, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password/repair job number has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will send you a replacement password/repair job number.
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing onto govbergwatchrepair.com. Generally speaking, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or it is inaccurate. Once you complete the inbound shipment of a watch in need of repair, you many not change or remove it from our system. Upon your request, we will close that particular repair job number, and will remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do not retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in the United States. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use many tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.