Keeping your watch clean is essential to maintain its appearance and value. By cleaning your timepiece twice a month, you can keep your watch from succumbing to the elements of everyday life. By following these simple steps you can help your watch appear as it did the first time you put it on your wrist. If you are someone who takes pride in looking their best, add cleaning your watch to your weekly personal care ritual.
- To clean your watch’s case, use a soft bristled toothbrush and liquid soap. In addition to gently scrubbing the case, the bracelet (including between individual links) should be cleaned as well.
- Do not sumberse leather straps in water or other liquids
- Make sure that your watch does not come into contact with harmful solutions, detergents, and other products, as they can corrode your watch’s case and ultimately ruin its finish.
- Be sure that you watch is rinsed off will fresh water after swimming, diving, and other water related activities (assuming your watch is water resistant, of course).
- If you see dust or moisture under the watch’s crystal, it is imperative to have it examined by an authorized service center immediately. Dealing with problems like this immediately can help you avoid further damage to the watch.
- If your watch case, bracelet, or crystal is scratched, consider having it professionally polished to bring your timepiece back to life.
It is easy to throw your wach on your wrist every moring and ignore its condition. Adding watch cleaning to your personal care regimen will help ensure that your watch looks as good as the day you bought it for years to come.