A quartz conversion can be an excellent choice for repairing and maintaining a vintage manual winding timepiece. Many old watches are considerably rusted inside, and many parts may no longer be available, or can be very costly. For these situations, a quartz conversion might be the best option. When a quartz conversion is performed, our watchmakers will do the following:
- Completely disassemble the watch
- Remove the movement from the case and detach the dial and hands
- Fit an electronic quartz movement to your watch, leaving the exterior appearance exactly as it was prior to the conversion
- Reattach your watch’s dial and hands and reassemble the entire watch
- Perform and complete inspection
- Reapply the back casing and perform a time test to ensure that it is running accurately and precisely
When the entire process is completed, your watch will look the exactly same, but will only require periodic battery changes as needed.
Govberg Watch Repair offers Free Estimates and Free return shipping on all watch repairs. Plus, all repair work comes with a 1 year Govberg Warranty. We perform quality quartz conversions on over 200 top luxury watch brands.
Complete the form on the right to begin the process of receiving your FREE Quartz Conversion Estimate!