- Overview Questions
- Costs and Fees
- Packaging and Shipping
If you have additional questions, or just want to hear from a live person, please contact us and we will be happy to help!
At Govberg Watch Repair, we are revolutionizing the watch repair industry. For too long, it has been too expensive, time consuming, and risky to have your fine Swiss watch repaired. At Govberg Watch Repair, we’ve addressed all of the challenges and offer a reliable, affordable, secure, and efficient watch repair service that our customers rave about. Here are just a few of the reasons to choose Govberg Watch Repair to service your valuable timepiece
- We’re trusted: Govberg Watch Repair has been servicing fine timepieces since 1922. We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating and are members of the American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute (AWCI) and the National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors (NAWCC). Our customers love us (see our testimonials here). We only use watchmakers with the highest training and accreditation from the luxury brands that we service. Most local jewelry stores do not have in house watchmakers and you cannot be sure of the quality of the technicians they are using. With us, all repairs come with a 1 year Govberg Jeweler’s Warranty.li>
- We’re fast – Most local jewelry stores will ship your watch to an offsite repair center or the manufacturer adding time and cost to your repair. Our in-house watchmakers can handle most repairs within a few weeks. We’ll tell you how long your repair will take, and send you email updates at every step of the process.
- We’re affordable – As an authorized retailer and service center for the best watch brands in the world, we can provide better service and better pricing than your local store. With a team of in-house watchmakers, we can cut out the middle man and offer more competitive pricing.
- We’re convenient – You don’t have to travel to the store during its limited operating hours to drop off or pick up your watch. Once your watch is repaired, we’ll ship your watch right back to your home or office fully insured via Fedex – for FREE.
Choose Govberg Watch Repair, because every second counts. Return to top »
What is the process to get my watch repaired through Govberg Watch Repair?
Getting your watch repaired with us is easy! Just follow these 5 easy steps to have your watch back in tip top condition:
- Fill out the form on the right side of any page on this website. Just give us the brand of watch and the service you are interested in. Use the “Additional notes” box to give more details about the condition of your watch. Hit “Submit” and provide some additional details to complete your Estimate Request.
- Print out your packing slip and be sure to include it in the package with your watch.
- Securely package, insure and ship your watch to us. Click here for packaging instructions.
- You will receive an email once we receive your watch. Our Swiss-trained watchmakers will thoroughly review your watch and we will provide a repair cost and estimated completion date in about a week.
- If you approve the estimate, we will get to work right away on your repair. If you do not approve the estimate, we will ship watch back to your continental US shipping address, fully insured via Fedex, for FREE.
To get started, just fill out the form on the right! Return to top »
What services do you provide?
We provide every level of service on your fine swiss watch – from strap or bracelet replacement to a complete overhaul or quartz conversion for your vintage watch. Click here to see a comprehensive listing of services. Return to top »
What brands do you repair?
We specialize in Swiss and European luxury brands. Some of our most popular brands include Omega, Breitling, TAG Heuer, Concord, Movado, Cartier, Jaeger-LeCoultre, and Patek Philippe. Click here for a list of brands that we service. If you do not see your brand listed, please contact us. We are an authorized repair center for major brands that do not allow their name to be used on websites for copyright reasons. Sorry, but at this time we do not service: Timex, Citizen, Fossil, or Skagen. Return to top »
How long will my repair take?
Most repairs can be completed 3-4 weeks, though simple repairs can be completed more quickly. The time to repair a watch can vary greatly depending on the complexity of repair and the availability of parts. We will provide an estimate of completion date when our watchmakers evaluate your watch and send you email updates at every step of the process. Because of our large in-house watch repair capability, we are usually faster than other services and local jewelry stores. Return to top »
How much does it cost to get an estimate?
Estimates for watches that are on our list of brands are completely free. You are only responsible for shipping the watch to us. Once our watchmakers review your watch, we will provide repair costs and an estimated completion date. Return shipping is free for customers in the continental US (whether or not you choose to have us do the repair), so there is no risk to you. Return to top »
How much will my repair cost?
Repair costs can vary significantly depending on the brand of watch and type of service required. For this reason, we require that our watchmakers review every repair. Other companies may provide low estimates and then raise the price once your watch is received. They may even charge you to get your watch back! With Govberg Watch Repair, once we provide a price for your repair, you will never pay more. If you don’t approve your estimate, we’ll return your watch fully insured, for free. The large volume of repairs we do every month combined with our use of in-house watch makers allows us to provide more competitive pricing than your local jeweler. Chances are we’ll be able to do your repair faster, for a lower cost than a local jeweler. As a general rule, prices range from $65 to replace a battery and pressure test your watch to several hundred dollars for more complicated services like overhauls. Return to top »
Are there any extra charges when I use Govberg Watch Repair?
At Govberg Watch Repair, the estimate we provide is the price you pay. There are no extra charges for shipping, insurance, parts, labor, etc. If you are not happy with the estimate we provide, we will ship your watch back to your continental US shipping address, fully insured, for free. Return to top »
What Payment methods do you accept?
We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We will also accept personal checks, but will not be able to begin your repair until the check clears. Return to top »
What happens if it costs too much to repair my watch?
If you are not happy with your estimate, we will return your watch to your continental US shipping address via Fedex for free, no questions asked. For select watch brands and models, we may be able to purchase the watch from you if you are not interested in taking on the cost of repair. You can also use the watch as a “trade-in” toward the purchase of a pre-owned or new watch through Govberg Jewelers. Please contact us if you are interested in receiving a quote for us to purchase your watch or trading it in toward a new or pre-owned watch. Return to top »
How can I be sure my watch will be safe with you?
We guarantee a good customer experience with Govberg Watch Repair. Here are a few facts about how we protect your valuable wristwatch investment:
- We are an authorized retailer and repair center for the leading luxury watch brands
- We are proud members of the American Watchmakers-Clockmakers Institute (AWCI) and the National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors (NAWCC)
- Our customers love us, click here to read some testimonials from happy customers
- All repairs are backed by a 1 year Govberg Jewelers’ Warranty
- We operate a secure repair facility with multiple layers of electronic security including electronic facility access, video surveillance, plus onsite physical security
- Once we receive your package, your watch is fully insured by Jewelers Mutual Insurance until it is returned to your door by Fedex
How can I be sure that my watch will be secure during shipping?
Follow our easy packing and shipping instructions to protect your watch during shipping. The carrier you use to ship your watch to us is up to you. Depending on the value of your watch, we recommend the Postal Service for watches worth over $5,000 and UPS or Fedex for watches worth $5,000 or less. Make sure that the package is trackable and insured for the replacement value of your watch. Return to top »
Will my watch be insured?
You are responsible for insuring your watch for its replacement value on the way to us. Once we receive it, your watch will be fully insured by Jeweler’s Mutual Insurance Company, the leading insurer solely dedicated to insuring jewelry and the jewelry industry. Jeweler’s Mutual has been in business since 1913 and has earned an A+ rating from AM Best. We maintain responsibility and insurance on your valuable timepiece until it is delivered to you. Return to top »
Why do I have to mail the watch to you just to get an estimate?
We require our watchmakers to review every repair so that we can be confident in providing you with an accurate estimate. If you choose a company that gives estimates over the phone or email without seeing the watch, you may find that they come back to you and tell you the repair is more complicated or expensive than expected. They may also charge you shipping to get your watch back! With Govberg Watch repair, the estimate we give you is the price you will pay. Plus, if you are not satisfied with the estimate you receive from us, we will ship your watch back to your continental US shipping address for free. Return to top »
How should I package and ship my watch to you?
Follow our easy packing and shipping instructions to protect your watch during shipping. Make sure to use a box with plenty of packing material (like foam peanuts) and do not use the gift box that your watch came in. The carrier you use to ship your watch to us is up to you. Depending on the value of your watch, we recommend the Postal Service for watches worth over $5,000 and UPS or Fedex for watches worth $5,000 or less. Make sure that the package is trackable and insured for the replacement value of your watch. Ship your watch to our NEW address: GWR 737 Sansom St Philadelphia, PA 19106 1-855-303-3752 Return to top »
What carrier should I use to ship my watch to you?
Only the US Postal Service offers insurance on watches worth over $5,000. Depending on the value of your watch, we recommend the US Postal Service for watches worth over $5,000 and UPS or Fedex for watches worth $5,000 or less. Make sure that the package is trackable and insured for the replacement value of your watch. In most cases, the US Postal Service will be the least expensive way to ship your package to us. Click here for more information on packaging and shipping your watch. Return to top »
Who provides shipping and insurance?
You are responsible for shipping and insurance to get the watch to us. Once we receive the watch, it will be fully insured by Jewelers Mutual Insurance until it is delivered back to you. Return shipping is FREE whether or not you decide to use Govberg Watch Repair to service your watch. We use Fedex and the US Postal Service on all outgoing shipments. Please be advised that an adult signature may be required for delivery based on the requirements of our insurance company. Return to top »
Thanks for taking the time to learn about Govberg Watch Repair. Still have remaining questions? Please contact us and we will be happy to answer them! // ]]>